PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing application / List Issues

1chiban
11 Oct 2011, 6:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my application. Here's my situation at the moment:

The application aims to deal with JSON files with about 400kb containing several thousands of registries.

JSON structure example:

{"firstList": [{
"item1": 1,
"item2": 2,
"item3": 3,
"item4": "item 4",
"subList1": [{
"item1":1,
"item2": "item 2",
"item3": "item 3",
"subList2": [{
"subList3": [{
"item3": 3
}]
}]
}]
}],
"secondList": [{
"item4": "item 4",
ÖÖ

To show the JSON data, instead of using a Ext.NestedList, we are using a few Ext.List in order to customize the different item list templates. We created an algorithm that parses the JSONís data and put it inside the correct lists. Despite of running correctly showing the desired outputs the application runs too slowly. This problem becomes even a greater obstacle when used on mobile devices, which is our main target.

In order to solve this problem we tried to implement the solution using the Ext.NestedList. But we are facing another challenge, we are not able to display our data on the Ext.NestedList, it seems like our JSON structure doesnít fit in the requirements. Moreover, we canít change the JSON structure.

So could you send us some information about this issues? We would like to optimize our application performance using your technologies.

To show the JSON data, instead of using a Ext.NestedList, I'm using a few Ext.List in order to customize the different item list templates. I created an algorithm that parses the JSONís data and put it inside the correct lists. Despite of running correctly showing the desired outputs the application runs too slowly. This problem becomes even a greater obstacle when used on mobile devices, which is my objective.In order to solve this problem I tried to implement the solution using the Ext.NestedList. But I'm facing another challenge,I'm not able to display our data on the Ext.NestedList, it seems like my JSON structure doesnít fit in the requirements. Moreover, I canít change the JSON structure.So bottom line, my question is.. will i get benefits implementing the Nested List instead of the other lists. I've been noticing the app becomes rather slow when changing panels. Would that still happen if i used a NestedList ? Thank you all in advance.
:-?

1chiban
12 Oct 2011, 1:18 AM
any clue? :-/