PDA

View Full Version : Starting individual animation on click

vikerman
12 Oct 2011, 8:17 PM
Hi,
I just started using the animator and trying to use it for an interactive book project. What I want to do is start the animation for an object when it's clicked. I couldn't figure out how to do this.

There was just an option controlling the entire scene - but I would like individual objects to start their respective animations when they are clicked. Eventually I would also like to trigger animation of one object when a different object is clicked. I don't mind editing the generated code if that's needed.

Thanks for a great tool!

Thank You,
Vikram

arnebech
13 Oct 2011, 11:25 AM
Hi Vikram,

Animator doesn't yet support playback control other than a per scene basis. We're looking into improving this.

I have seen some people get very creative with scenes to work around this issue for now.

Since the generated output is all open and standard, you could potentially work with the output directly. This requires a decent amount of work and makes it potentially hard to update your project, but you can archive what you want. Here are some very generic strategies for working with the output directly:

Edit the generated output directly to archive what you want. However, this would have to be done every time you export your project.
Use animator to create the individual animations, then copy/paste the equivalent generated code into your main document.
Use the Project->Export->Head HTML to include some custom javascript that will rewrite the css and add some logic.

vikerman
13 Oct 2011, 5:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. Let me look into the generated files and play around with it.

-Vikram

kiteflo
16 Oct 2011, 10:40 PM
Hi Vik,

quick question: did you manage to start your animation via click? If so, maybe you could post your solution here?

@Sencha Team: Animator is really great! But starting animations explicitly via click would be really a helpful feature - can you give a quick information when this feature will be released?

Cheers, Florian...

arnebech
17 Oct 2011, 10:24 AM
Florian,
All I can say is that we have it in our backlog :)

cavneb
18 Oct 2011, 12:42 PM
+1 on this feature. Probably the most important in my book.

sdusa@hotmail.com
10 Nov 2011, 8:06 AM
Animations should have controls, start, forward, back, pause. If you guys can implement this it would rock.

Until these features are implemented I am going to hold back.

Other than that I think it is a very promising package.

brianheagney
9 Dec 2011, 9:43 PM
Just wanted to chime in that this lack of ability is keeping me from purchasing this amazing software, too.

It's just that everything I need a piece of software like this for is to incorporate pre-rendered animations into interactive experiences.

I still love the software though!

swizzer
26 Dec 2011, 7:31 PM
The idea is nice to start the animation when they are clicked! That could be a good feature.

davelar
10 May 2013, 2:24 PM
has this been implemented yet?

arnebech
10 May 2013, 2:28 PM
Not at this point.

aStoryTeller
14 May 2013, 9:13 PM
Not having this feature totally limits Sencha Animator's ability to offer interactivity to iBA widgets. This is fundamental to animations. Please expedite its inclusion. Tumult Hype is starting to appear more useful at this point, in this regard, with its TimeLine actions.