PDA

View Full Version : can I add columns in property grid

bee
21 Oct 2011, 5:35 AM
Hi, I am not very much sure about how exactly property grid works. I am thinking it is similar way of key and value,
I have requirement where I need grid similar to property-grid but I want to add two columns like date and time for e.g. Can we do this in property-grid?

ferengidedalo
21 Oct 2011, 7:22 AM
propertygrid Extends a gridpanel, so you shoud be able to do with it the same things a gridpanel can do (adding new columns).

so you should try it out and post some code if you have problems.

bee
21 Oct 2011, 8:04 AM
propertygrid Extends a gridpanel, so you shoud be able to do with it the same things a gridpanel can do (adding new columns).

so you should try it out and post some code if you have problems.

Ok this means I can save the record when I update there. can I clear saved information and clear it when I load the same grid will be launched?

ferengidedalo
21 Oct 2011, 8:55 AM
I dont quite understand what is your doubt... the property grid has a store asociated with it, and you have setSource method to asing an object to edit its properties...

please try to be more clear about the doubt. thanks!

skirtle
21 Oct 2011, 1:05 PM
My experience of trying to customize a property grid is that it is non-trivial. It is not as simple as just treating it like any other grid. Feel free to try but I think you may find it easier to extend grid directly and add suitable editors.