PDA

View Full Version : Shop Touchera

jpongin
21 Oct 2011, 9:28 AM
Hello,

I wanted to share an app my friends and I built over the past couple of months. We aim to make it the ultimate fashion / shopping guide in your pocket, delivered over the browser, in all its Sencha goodness - and just in time for the holidays!

http://shop.touchera.com

Product Details
Use Touchera's Style Book App to research and discover new products. Our target audience is the male and female (mostly female) professionals and fashionistas 20-40yrs old. You can create your own look, save it, and then email it for later purchase. Our goal was to make fashion and shopping fun and easy. Although it was originally designed for the iPhone form factor, it will work nicely on a tablet as well.

Technical Details
Engineers love bullet points, so here we go:
- Built with Sencha Touch 1.0.1
- Integrated with SimpleGeo, ShopSense, GMail, Google Analytics, and GoogleMaps APIs
- AJAX pre-fetching (Infiniti Scroll)

Feedback
We'd love to attend SenchaCon next week, but unfortunately we can't make it to see all the other great apps. If you think our app is sweet, please share it with your fellow developers at SenchaCon. Email http://shop.touchera.com to your friends and family so they can use it while they window shop on the street or walking around the mall.
We would also love to hear your feedback. There are some components that are a bit sluggish, and we'd love to hear from the experts to see how we can improve our rendering performance. We love learning new Sencha tweaks and hacks - especially around theming.

Thank you.

UPDATE: iPad optimized application is on the way.

-James

jujuo
27 Oct 2011, 9:41 PM
Don't know why you got no reply yet :D
Your app is really good ! Looks like a native one.
Its'really a good job !

jpongin
28 Oct 2011, 4:48 AM
Thanks, there are a lot of great apps out there. I'm working on an iPad optimized version. It's about 50% done, but it's getting more difficult to find time to complete it. Hopefully I can get it out in the next few weeks.

If you like it please share it with your friends for the holiday shopping season! I believe it should work for the US and the UK.

safiya
1 Dec 2011, 12:50 AM
Nice app you built..

micmac_creations
14 Dec 2011, 7:24 AM
Very nice! I am quite impressed. Just out of interest, how did you get the animated badge on the TabBar when you add a style? Looks very nice :)

rhomb
16 Dec 2011, 7:51 AM
really nice, might learn sth of it for the shopping app I'm just designing..

the Badge animation is really nice...

abinkoshy
18 May 2012, 1:20 AM
Can u share d code