PDA

View Full Version : Performance Problem while using sencha-example "Velociraptor Owners"

swisssphere
27 Oct 2011, 3:02 AM
Hi
I am programming UI in php and work with MySql Databases for a long time. Now I am locking for a new framework for creating new applications. I've installed the sencha-example "Velociraptor Owners" from the getting started Guide on my server to check out the performance. I'm not familiar with the Ext JS.
The example is working fine for some (1000) records in the table. I increased the amount of owners to 10 000 Entries. Now the UI is getting boring slow (use different Sort Directions for testing). How can I speed up this UI?
Finaly, I have to deal with tables with 2 000 000 record on it.
The examlpe is installed on: http://holzundsonne.ch/extdemo/. The MySql needs 0.0005 s for a Query.
What are my next steps? How can I speed up the application 100 times?
The ext-all.js is now referenced at the index.html.

Many thanks for your help.

JambaFun
27 Oct 2011, 3:24 AM
Hi swissphere,

Congratulations on discovering Ext JS! I did so a few weeks ago and it's a blast :)

I would advise you to take advantage of the paging feature of grid panels. Loading that much data upfront is bound to cripple any implementation you will attempt.

If paging is unacceptable you could also try infinite scrolling. It's also in the offfical docs.

Best regards

swisssphere
27 Oct 2011, 11:54 PM
Hi Mark
Many thanks for the fast response.
I prefer to look for the solution with the dynamic-slider.

Where do I find a example of a backend-php-code (for use with a proxy?) for a JSON-Store with
remote paging (slider), filter and sort functions?

best regards

swisssphere
27 Oct 2011, 11:57 PM
Hi JambaFun

Many thanks for the fast response.
I prefer to look for the solution with the dynamic-slider.

Where do I find a example of a backend-php-code (for use with a proxy?) for a JSON-Store with
remote paging (slider), filter and sort functions?

best regards

JambaFun
28 Oct 2011, 2:03 AM
There is nothing magic about your PHP backend.

Parse request.
Validate data.
Query database.
Build response.

This is rather basic PHP and, in my opinion, not a topic for this forum. My advice is to learn these basics well and then move on to a PHP framework. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Web_application_frameworks#PHP