PDA

View Full Version : g is undefined error - help needed

renganathan
28 Oct 2011, 1:10 AM
Hi all,

i am getting "g is undefined" error. Can anybody tell me why this error is coming ?

What might be a problem?

netemp
28 Oct 2011, 1:16 AM
i am getting "g is undefined" error. Can anybody tell me why this error is coming ?
What might be a problem?

Renganathan, please elaborate that where are you getting this error? Share the issue in some greater detail so that one can contribute in resolving it.

mitchellsimoens
28 Oct 2011, 6:24 AM
Couple ways to do this... use ext-debug.js with Ext.Loader and that will load the classes separately (and only the ones you use) so the error should happen in a class file which can tell you what class and method the error happens.

Use ext-all-debug.js and that will tell you what class and method also except all classes are in one file.

skirtle
28 Oct 2011, 6:37 AM
When posting an error message you should always post the stacktrace, including line numbers. If the stacktrace is unavailable, possibly because the error only occurs in certain browsers, then this is something you should mention.

Generally it is also helpful to post your exact ExtJS version number and the browsers you have tested on.

Make sure you are using a debug version of ExtJS to get meaningful error messages and line numbers. The message you have quoted includes a single-letter variable named g, which suggests it may be from a minified (non-debug) version of ExtJS.

A common source of 'x is undefined' errors in IE is stray commas at the end of arrays.