PDA

View Full Version : Minwidth, the viewport, and extjs4.

sgalexander
1 Nov 2011, 2:07 PM
Hi guys,

My company has recently begun moving to using EXTJS for their web-based applications, and as part of the UX team I've also started to learn the product.

We'd like to have a behavior similar to the one described in this thread: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?34380-How-to-enforce-minimum-width-for-viewport&p=163215#post163215

However, this solution is definitely quite out of date, and I was wondering if there is a newer solution to mimicing the behavior of a minimum width div. It's fairly easy to do in html with divs and CSS, but we'd like to avoid cobbling something together.

Is there a way to have the viewport stretching behavior like normal, but simply display a horizontal scrollbar if the viewport's width becomes smaller than the minimum width of the contents inside of the viewport?

Your help would be appreciated.

tvanzoelen
2 Nov 2011, 4:42 AM
The viewport is in fact your browser frame, but it does not manage it with it functions correctly.

So my suggestion is, fix the min en max height or width directly on the browserframe with javascript or on window open. Put a viewport in it with a table, border or anchor layout (not fit) and add a panel to it wich you give the desired size.

Then you have a fixed browserframe and scrolling content.