PDA

View Full Version : [2.0b1a][SOLVED] data.Node traversal when passing additional arguments?

mystix
16 Oct 2007, 10:56 AM
originally reported by @hendricd in this thread for Ext 1.1.x:

Recently used the cascade methods of data.Node and discovered some odd behaviour with passing additional arguments. If additional arguments are passed, they 'call'ed rather than 'apply'ed, making for a confusing debug session. The arguments you specify are passed as an array of arguments rather than what might be expected elsewhere within the framework (fn.apply(scope,arguments)):

Ext.override(Ext.data.Node,{

/**
* Bubbles up the tree from this node, calling the specified function with each node. The scope (<i>this</i>) of
* function call will be the scope provided or the current node. The arguments to the function
* will be the args provided or the current node. If the function returns false at any point,
* the bubble is stopped.
* @param {Function} fn The function to call
* @param {Object} scope (optional) The scope of the function (defaults to current node)
* @param {Array} args (optional) The args to call the function with (default to passing the current node)
*/
bubble : function(fn, scope, args){
var p = this;
while(p){
// if(fn.call(scope || p, args || p) === false){
if(fn.apply(scope || p, args || [p]) === false){
break;
}
p = p.parentNode;
}
},

/**
* Cascades down the tree from this node, calling the specified function with each node. The scope (<i>this</i>) of
* function call will be the scope provided or the current node. The arguments to the function
* will be the args provided or the current node. If the function returns false at any point,
* the cascade is stopped on that branch.
* @param {Object} scope (optional) The scope of the function (defaults to current node)
* @param {Array} args (optional) The args to call the function with (default to passing the current node)
*/
cascade : function(fn, scope, args){
//if(fn.call(scope || this, args || this) !== false){
if(fn.apply(scope || this, args || [this]) !== false){
var cs = this.childNodes;
for(var i = 0, len = cs.length; i < len; i++) {
cs[i].cascade(fn, scope, args);
}
}
},

/**
* Interates the child nodes of this node, calling the specified function with each node. The scope (<i>this</i>) of
* the iteration stops.
*/
eachChild : function(fn, scope, args){
//if(fn.call(scope || this, args || cs[i]) === false){
if(fn.apply(scope || this, args || [cs[i]]) === false){
break;
}
}
}
});

By design ?

re-reported in 2.x bugs on user request.

hendricd
16 Oct 2007, 11:10 AM
And, Ext.Container:bubble, cascade have the same problem. ;)

Here are fixes for 2.0b+:

Ext.override(Ext.data.Tree,{

/**
* Bubbles up the tree from this node, calling the specified function with each node. The scope (<i>this</i>) of
* the bubble is stopped.
*/
var p = this;
while(p){
break;
}
p = p.parentNode;
}
},

/**
* Cascades down the tree from this node, calling the specified function with each node. The scope (<i>this</i>) of
* the cascade is stopped on that branch.
*/
}
}
},

/**
* Interates the child nodes of this node, calling the specified function with each node. The scope (<i>this</i>) of
* the iteration stops.
*/
eachChild : function(fn, scope, args){
if(fn.apply(scope || this, args || [cs[i]]) === false){
break;
}
}
}
});

Ext.override (Ext.Container,{
var p = this;
while(p){
// if(fn.call(scope || p, args || p) === false){
break;
}
p = p.ownerCt;
}
},

//if(fn.call(scope || this, args || this) !== false){
if(this.items){
var cs = this.items.items;
for(var i = 0, len = cs.length; i < len; i++){

if(cs[i].cascade){
}
}
}
}
}
});

[tags: cascade bubble eachChild parameters Container Tree]

jsakalos
18 Oct 2007, 5:52 PM
Thank you for posting. We will take a look at it and we will inform you when fixed.

jack.slocum
20 Oct 2007, 7:42 AM
Will be fixed in next check in, thanks.