View Full Version : Release Date Estimate Request

9 Nov 2011, 6:44 AM
In order to plan most of us need to know when 4.1 is going to be released. 4.0 is not usable because of the performance problems. This is not breaking news, nor is it a criticism. We all know this is a hard release to get out, and we all know the pressure is on. Anyone who is seasoned has been through this and can relate. We feel your pain and know you guys are working your asses off doing a tremendous job!

A lot of us worked very hard upgrading from 3.0 to 4.0 because we believe in the features, and the new architecture, however, a lot of us are on hold for the moment as well as our customers. Itís probably a management decision not to post a 4.1 release dateówe all have to deal with management decisionsóbut not posting an estimated date I believe could ultimately hurt your relationship with customers. Offering more transparency would go a long way to helping us cope. The vast majority of us are reasonable and can take bad news (and dish it out to our bosses/customers when we fall behind).

Please? Even if itís just a guess, plus or minus a few weeks, or even a, "Not before ..." or "No later than...".

Thanks guys, keep up the awesomeness!!!

9 Nov 2011, 9:18 AM

10 Nov 2011, 10:53 AM

Any chance premium members can get svn access for 4.1PR?

10 Nov 2011, 1:15 PM

15 Nov 2011, 8:03 AM
Or at least have a more frequently release cycle. That give us an idea of the development state.
4.1-PR1 was released 3 weeks ago, and I'm sure many of us want to have fresh news.

1 Dec 2011, 12:31 PM
Some info on 4.1.0 in SVN....

Historically, we have tried to only allow the version that is beta. So when 4.1.0 beta comes out, it should make it's way to SVN. I'm sure you know that this is the bleeding edge code that is in SVN so it may be a bumpy road is some cases. Personally, I update my local git repo couple times a day and I have no problems I couldn't easily correct.