PDA

View Full Version : URGENT :) XMLDataModel + YAHOO.ext.View and XSLT

ericd
6 Jan 2007, 8:59 AM
Hey all,

I am using Jack's XMLDataModel to display records generated from my backend. For example, do a search on Mother and then DB will return all records that have the word Mother in it BUT I want to be able to color the key words, in this case Mother. I have writing an XSLT to do so, and displaying it in Firefox or IE works, so I can presume that the transform is correct, but I display the result set in Jack's YAHOO.ext.grid.XMLDataModel, the data is there, no problem (really nice stuff btw Jack), but no color.

Is it possible to do so?, use XLST to transform my XML and give said XML to YAHOO.ext.grid.XMLDataModel

Eric

Animal
6 Jan 2007, 9:13 AM
The best thing would probably be for you to supply a custom renderer to your Grid, so that you have control of what HTML goes in to the cells. You can wrap keywords with a span of whatever CSS class you want.

I haven't done this myself, but I think this is what you need.

http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/yui-ext/docs/output/YAHOO.ext.grid.AbstractColumnModel.html#getRenderer

Override that to supply your own function which returns the HTML you want to display.

ericd
6 Jan 2007, 9:16 AM
Thanks Animal..... Right on it!