View Full Version : [NOREPRO] Ext.Date / Date is always 'invalid date'

20 Nov 2011, 12:47 PM
I am working with a RESTful JSON-Webservice that delivers dates like this 'endDate=2011-11-15T00:00:00+01:00'.
When I simply set the 'type' to 'date' in the model, the automatic parsing works in Chrome, but not on mobile devices.

After some testing I found out that although the parsing works in Chrome, the __proto__ object of the date field states "Invalid Date". I guess that the mobile browser (android 2.2) does not parse this "invalid date".

To reproduce simply execute the following, then look at the objects in Developer Tools.

var showtimestr = Ext.Date.format(new Date(), "Y-m-d\\TH:i:sP");
var showtime = Ext.Date.parse(showtimestr, "Y-m-d\\TH:i:sP");

showtimestr will be fine, and in Chrome showtime will also be fine, but the __proto__ field states 'Invalid Date'.

Is this a (known) bug?

Jamie Avins
21 Nov 2011, 9:22 AM
Thank you for the report, we will be sure to look into it.

Jamie Avins
5 Dec 2011, 10:42 AM
The Invalid Date just seems to be there, on any page without any scripts loading at all... Do you have an example of the issue you are having on Android?

6 Dec 2011, 5:54 AM
I must have done something else wrong when i first tried this.
I tried it again now, using return Ext.Date.parse(dateString, Ext.Date.patterns.ISO8601Longest) where ISO8601Longest : "Y-m-d\\TH:i: sP" (i added a space between : and s, otherwise it will turn into a smiley) and it does work.

Thank you for your help!