PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] [4.0.7] ItemSelector disable/enable configuration seems to be broken

Jan (HL)
23 Nov 2011, 7:33 AM
Ext JS 4.0.7
Browser: Chrome 17 Dev, OSX

Problem:
Ext.ux.ItemSelector.disabled or the process of delegating the enable/disable state is broken.

In Detail:
The default of disabled seems to be false (read: enabled). This results into disabled buttons and two bound lists which are allow drag (but not drop!) and clicking.. but not selectable (selection only on hover the row!).

Situation/Context:
I'm using a itemselector directly in form fields of a form.

Workaround: I cannot use ItemSelector in a form until I call a itemselectorCmp.setDisabled(false) after rendering. Neither this is a good default value nor works a disabled:false in the configuration object.

// my business form component has a special hook on loadRecord
// customers is the itemselector field
loadRecord : function(record) {
this.getForm().findField('customers').setDisabled(false);
this.callParent(arguments);
}

Image without the workaround. The selection comes from my mouse's current position.

mitchellsimoens
23 Nov 2011, 12:52 PM
In our latest code in the 4.1.0 branch, this is what I see:

Jan (HL)
23 Nov 2011, 1:08 PM
Hm. I'd broken on http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.7-gpl/docs/index.html#!/example/multiselect/multiselect-demo.html, too. I'm currently at another computer and can't reproduce it, too. Will investigating this tomorrow.

Jan (HL)
23 Nov 2011, 1:36 PM
Okay, remotely checked. Have to.

Short: Won't fix.
Long: A special progress loader disables on startup the whole window which contains the form. More or less my fault.

But when writing this lines down, I'm just remember some other things from today: With Ext JS 4, the form fields functionality (like get BasicForm.getValues()/getFieldValues() or even ItemSelector/MultiSelect) depend very strong on field's enable/disable. I'm comfortable with that but it should be noted in the Upgrade Guide? ;)