PDA

View Full Version : Sony Tablet S (Android) - Scaling issue

fairport
24 Nov 2011, 6:03 AM
We recently bought a Sony Tablet S & an iPad 2, mainly to test the offline Sencha Touch application we are developing to see how it looked & worked in those environments.
The Sony Tablet displays toolbars and buttons at around 50% of the size that it does on the iPad / iPhone / Android Phone ... Tiny in fact. Too small to operate and see easily.

Is there a simple solution that someone can suggest to solve this?

.. Thanks

mitchellsimoens
24 Nov 2011, 9:15 AM
In Ext.setup({onReady: function() {}});, what is the size of the body? Is it filling up the screen or just 50% of the screen? Or is it jus the size of the items are very small?

fairport
24 Nov 2011, 5:26 PM
Mitchell,

... the screen is 100% filled, but the components on it are probably 50% of the expected size.
Actually we don't have an onReady function, but we have " fullscreen: true" in the parent viewport

mitchellsimoens
25 Nov 2011, 10:26 AM
Weird... guess it's not liking the CSS. Have you tried loading ST2 and seeing if that still has the same problems?

fairport
26 Nov 2011, 3:36 AM
I will give ST2 a go and let you know.
I read that the Android 3.2 has some smarts in it to stretch or zoom apps designed for phones when they run on tablets.

fairport
4 Dec 2011, 6:18 AM
Mitchell,
I have tried the 'getting started' app from ST2. I think it it is looking good both in portrait and landscape.
So... I guess the problem is a local css issue.
I tried another variant of the css file and that has improved the situation although I see different scales with landscape & portrait. 2:1 ratio(landscape is 2, portrait is 1) ... I think in this case portrait is how it should be, landscape looks too large

Incidentally, the css I am using was borrowed wholesale from Nils Shopping List application.. FWIW

I just wish I knew where to look in the css file !!

steve1964
5 Dec 2011, 1:46 AM
In your html try to put this meta
<meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
if the meta is not present a medium-dpi is assumed, it's because of the scaling.
This meta affect only Android platform, for more info:
http://developer.android.com/guide/webapps/targeting.html

fairport
5 Dec 2011, 2:05 AM
Thanks for that.
The link you provided provides a few options ... big help