PDA

View Full Version : Calendar sometimes blacks out certain future days for some users?

vabenzo
25 Nov 2011, 9:09 AM
Hi,

We have had a few customer say they could not choose the future dates they wanted because they would appear to be blacked out?

http://www.smartparkjfk.com

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance for your time,
V

mitchellsimoens
25 Nov 2011, 9:17 AM
Any code?

vabenzo
22 Dec 2011, 7:38 AM
Any code?

Hi Mitchell,

It took a while but I finally got a customer to send a screen capture(see below) so we could know exactly what we are dealing with.

I am told that this displays as shown below in Internet Explorer 9 and AOL browser.

Is it a CSS issue?
Is is a code fix?
If so, what code do you need to see? I can ask my programmer to get it to me and then I can pass it along?

Thanks in advance for your time!

V

mitchellsimoens
22 Dec 2011, 7:42 AM
This is because the minValue is set to today's date I would assume.

vabenzo
22 Dec 2011, 7:48 AM
This is because the minValue is set to today's date I would assume.

Thanks for quick response. :)

Being that it is a reservations form it has to be set that way.
Or is there a way to do it differently and still make it so they cannot reserve a past date and time?

or is there something to force the calendar open with an image or css hack/fix?

mitchellsimoens
22 Dec 2011, 8:15 AM
So you want those days to be disabled but not look like that? I would inspect the DOM elements for those days and see what CSS class to hook into to change the background-color and the color.

vabenzo
22 Dec 2011, 9:30 AM
So you want those days to be disabled but not look like that? I would inspect the DOM elements for those days and see what CSS class to hook into to change the background-color and the color.

The disabled expired days can stay like that. Thats not a problem.

I am trying to resolve the width of the calendary - it cuts off after 5 days.

Should I still try what you wrote above?

wm003
29 Dec 2011, 9:18 PM
You may try DatePickerPlus (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=148587). The Width problem is solved there and you are able to custom css certain days.