PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

captainm1uk
19 Oct 2007, 4:08 AM
Nearly there with my app thanks to all that have helped

Just 2 quesions

1. Is it possible to have a button in the action bar saying refresh view (if so how)

2. I want as button on the action bar which says "view details" and when you click it you a get a box up with a single catagory combo box at the top - when you select a name it brings up the docs in a view in the box

Cheers

Dominoble
19 Oct 2007, 4:24 AM
1. Is it possible to have a button in the action bar saying refresh view (if so how)
There is already a refresh button in the PagingToolbar at the bottom. Someone needs to add a quicktip to it so it is more obvious.

captainm1uk
19 Oct 2007, 4:48 AM
Sorry yes you are right - it is a bit hidden isn't it

So change to question 1 is can qtips be enabled on the regresh button

captainm1uk
19 Oct 2007, 7:43 AM
Update

Added the following code

ws = new Ext.nd.UIWorkspace();
ws.PickList({
viewName : "All Ideas",
// title : Ext.get('Submitted By').getValue(),
title : 'Bright Ideas',
prompt : 'Select an uuthor from the list to view their ideas',
column : '2',
showSingleCategory : 'Church',
showCategoryComboBox : true,
callback : this.handleMyPickList
});

But got error this.layout has no properties. I think it is again down to my previous post on expanding views that it has a knock on effect with the UIView.

See thread http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15495

RWaters
22 Oct 2007, 7:37 AM
I would guess it's almost certainly related to the changes we hacked in to UIView. Since we forced UIView to display it's gridpanel directly into a borderlayout we lose the ability to render one into a div which is what the picklist tries to do.

Hacking up picklist you may be able to get an embedded borderlayout in the dialog and render the grid into there... (I tried to say it wouldn't be that easy :-P)