PDA

View Full Version : Several question about Sencha Touch.

h4cky
28 Nov 2011, 2:47 AM
Hi all,

I have several question about Sencha, but let's first introduce my self, I am 23 years old male from Bulgaria.

1. Where I can read about Secha MVC implementation? Because sometimes I am really confused, but for now i handle it.
2. How to destroy panel/component when it is hidden, is that have something to do with .on('hide', { ... }) ? - I ask for that because today i saw that i have many DOM object which i didn't use nor need.
3. It's again about the second question, is it okay to have one root panel in my application and access it like that way: "app.rootPanel" and only to change it's content, how this will happen ?

P.S Sorry if one or more or my questions is already asked from someone else.

Sincerely,
Ivelin Georgiev

mitchellsimoens
28 Nov 2011, 11:31 AM
A couple of the apps that are in the examples folder are using MVC. We also have a learn section: http://www.sencha.com/learn/touch/
If you are not using a component, I would remove it. Usually you remove components from their parent container using the cnt.remove(cmp);
It is common practice for people to place instances that are commonly used onto the app namespace. Others that aren't used a lot or are going to be added and removed, ComponentQuery should be used for those.