PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Cache Problem on iOS 5

elwhiz
28 Nov 2011, 1:12 PM
Hi,

This is not a Sencha Touch related bug but I believe it is an iOS 5 bug. I haven't seen a post in here regarding this so I'm making one and hopefully this will be updated once a fix is posted.

Problem with cache on iOS5 is that it stays even if Cache and Cookies Cookies on Settings is cleared and the page on the server has been updated . I noticed that accessing Sencha Touch Apps ( and other sites ) added on the Home Screen will shows the old version and it will be updated after 24-48 hrs. A search on Goole leads to many report on the bug. Here's one of the long discussion regarding the problem and there's still no fix for it.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3385843?start=0&tstart=0

Temporary Fixes:
For apps accessed through Safari, just clear Cache, go to Safari, and hit refresh couple of times.

For apps added on the Home Screen, go to General Settings -> Reset -> Reset all Settings. Note that wifi and other device settings will be reset. Your downloaded Apps won't be removed.

mitchellsimoens
28 Nov 2011, 1:16 PM
If you are using cache manifest, you have to remember that your site will download twice. The first to display something and a second time to download the resources into cache.

elwhiz
28 Nov 2011, 1:22 PM
I will look into cache manifest again. I have actually tried that but my app was all broken. Maybe I've use it the wrong way.

iOS 4 didn't have this problem and I didn't have to use cache manifest.

Thanks for the quick reply.

mchev2
23 Jan 2012, 8:29 AM
<?php header('Content-Type: text/cache-manifest'); ?>
CACHE MANIFEST

NETWORK:

This works for me.