PDA

View Full Version : [2.01b][CLOSED] Scrolling Tabpanel bug (different probs on FF & IE)

jerrybrown5
22 Oct 2007, 1:06 AM
scrolling tabpanel does not repaint on window resize leaving probs like the screenshot attached..could only report the prob from ff 2 because scrolling tabs did not work in identical situation on ie7. I noticed that the problem is because TabPanel.delegateUpdates is only being called on the original screen paint in FF and not at all in IE7. I imagine that the problem is related to how the form panel is bring created so I brought over a sample. (It is a simplified version of form/dynamic/form 5 )

To replicate the steps in FF first make your browser very small and refresh the page and then resize it larger.. IE doesn't ever scroll tabs in this example.

bd.createChild({tag: 'h2', html: 'Form 5 - ... and forms can contain TabPanel(s)'});
var tab2 = new Ext.FormPanel({
labelAlign: 'top',
title: 'Inner Tabs',
bodyStyle:'padding:5px',
items: [{
xtype:'tabpanel',
plain:true,
activeTab: 0,
enableTabScroll:true,
height:235,
defaults:{bodyStyle:'padding:10px'},
items:[{
title:'Personal Details',
layout:'form',
defaults: {width: 230},
defaultType: 'textfield',
},{
title:'Phone Numbers',
layout:'form',
defaults: {width: 230},
defaultType: 'textfield',
},{
cls:'x-plain',
title:'Biography',
layout:'fit',
}]
}]
});
tab2.render(document.body);

jack.slocum
22 Oct 2007, 2:36 PM
Please post to help before bugs. Thanks.

You problem is you have a level with no layout or size information set. This means the layout "flow" cannot continue past that level and no calculations are taking place.

Try adding layout:'fit' to the form or providing an anchor for the TabPanel (e.g. anchor:'100% 100%') or providing dimensions for the tab panel.

IN a nutshell, you have to let it know you want the TabPanel to fit the FormPanel (or have a fixed size).

jerrybrown5
23 Oct 2007, 8:17 AM
Thanks Jack for your quick response. That didn't change anything, but don't worry about it though. I can live without it and I don't want to spend too much time on this minor thing that only shows up when you resize and for which I can always code around.

Thanks,
Jerry