PDA

View Full Version : [FNR] FramedPanel - setHeaderBisible does not work

raivis
7 Dec 2011, 3:23 AM
I can not hide FramedPanel's header in DP5 rev 1806. Is it supposed to be not hidable or it's just not working yet?

public class GxtModule implements EntryPoint {

@Override
public void onModuleLoad() {
RootPanel rootPanel = RootPanel.get();
final FramedPanel panel = new FramedPanel();
panel.setHeadingText("Panel");
panel.setWidth(300);
panel.setHeight(500);
panel.setHeaderVisible(false);
rootPanel.add(panel);
}
}

Edit
This behaviour still persists in beta1

Edit2
I found out, that one can hide header like this:

FramedPanel panel = new FramedPanel();
panel.getHeader().setVisible(false);

Inherited method from ContentPanel does not work thogh

Colin Alworth
9 Dec 2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the report, and for the workaround.

madmaxmatze
11 Dec 2011, 4:01 AM
When trying to hide the frameborder with:

panel.setBodyBorder(false);
panel.getHeader().setBorders(false);

... the top border is not disappearing, because it's part of the background image.

raivis
12 Dec 2011, 11:04 PM
There is a new behavior of this bug in Beta1. If you try to add FramedPanel to the RootPanel and run web app in normal mode (not hosted mode, e.g. http://127.0.0.1:8888/TestingBeta1.html ), nothing is loaded, just plain html and there is an error in js console:

But if you run web app in hosted mode (e.g. http://127.0.0.1:8888/TestingBeta1.html?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997) web app is loaded and no error appears in js console.

madmaxmatze
13 Dec 2011, 8:26 AM
The same problem occurs with toolbars. If I hide its border, a light line remains on the top from the background image.

darrellmeyer
18 Jan 2012, 5:06 PM
FramedPanel setHeaderVisible and setBodyBorder are now fixed in SVN. Changes will go out in the next release.

@raivis and @madmaxmatze please do not add new issues to an existing post, rather, create a new post. It is hard to manage when this happens.

@raivis I tested in web mode a FramedPanel being added directly to the RootPanel and the code works as expected. If you are still seeing issues with Beta 2, then create a new thread.

@madmaxmatze The toolbar will not hide its top border as you found (same as 2.X). As a workaround, you can hide the border of whatever is aligned on top of the the toolbar. If you think this should be changed, please submit a new thread.

raivis
19 Jan 2012, 2:22 AM
@darrellmeyer
I am still facing FramedPanel's issue in beta2. I will check it in the next release and if it will be still there, I will create new thread.