PDA

View Full Version : mouse wheel scrolls vertically AND horizontally at once

seam_cw
15 Dec 2011, 7:11 AM
Another nasty "feature" of ExtJS 4.0.2: If you use the mouse wheel for scrolling in a grid, then the grid scrolls vertically AND horizontally to the left. Just use the Basic Array Grid example of ExtJS 4.0.2 (examples/grid/array-grid.js), set fixed column widths which are summed up more than the grid width so you get a horizontal scrollbar. Then open the example, move both scrollbars to the middle, then scroll using the mouse wheel.
Tested in Firefox 8.

It's fixed at least in ExtJS 4.0.7 - so i didn't post it in Bugs forum. But our application is huge and an update breaks more things than it repairs. Does anyone know a solution?

arthurakay
15 Dec 2011, 2:11 PM
4.0.7 is vastly improved over 4.0.2 - there's literally hundreds of bug fixes, including this one. In fact, many other bug fixes specifically related to the grid are included in 4.0.7

I think you're really going to have to consider upgrading your application, regardless of its size. Patching one bug (while an important one) still leaves your application open to a huge number of other known issues which have already been fixed.

I realize that's not the answer you want to hear, but it's really worth your time to consider.

mitchellsimoens
15 Dec 2011, 2:45 PM
While you are at it.. 4.1.0 beta 1 is just around the corner and that has so many performance fixes that if you are goign to upgrade to 4.0.7, if you have IE users, 4.1.0 is so much better than 4.0.7

seam_cw
15 Dec 2011, 10:30 PM
I don't have the time to update to 4.0.7. It's a huge project and we already did a lot of workarounds for existing bugs. Currently the project is live with ExtJS 3 and the ExtJS 4 version will go live on monday. There is no time and no budget for an update. And sorry to all ExtJS fans - but I'll never ever do another ExtJS update, and I'll never touch ExtJS again after this project is finished. But that's another topic.

Maybe anybody knows a link to a bug report which covers this issue?

EDIT: @mitchellsimoens: In 4.0.2 the performance in IE is better than in FF (with FF using a fresh new profile without Firebug or other addons)...

arthurakay
16 Dec 2011, 6:57 AM
I don't have the time to update to 4.0.7. It's a huge project and we already did a lot of workarounds for existing bugs.

I don't really know what you want me to say to that. I understand that you're under the gun for a release date, but *several* versions of ExtJS were released between 4.0.2 and 4.0.7.

And sorry to all ExtJS fans - but I'll never ever do another ExtJS update, and I'll never touch ExtJS again after this project is finished. But that's another topic.

I am sorry to hear that... perhaps it is an entirely separate issue, not suitable for this thread. Please feel free to contact me directly via PM if there's anything I can do to change your mind. Sencha wants all of our customers to be satisfied - I don't know what your situation is, but I'd like to help remedy what I can.

Maybe anybody knows a link to a bug report which covers this issue?

There probably is - but it's already been fixed. The bug report in the bugs forum (assuming it exists) will almost certainly not contain the fix.

seam_cw
20 Dec 2011, 12:21 AM
An associate found a thread covering the bug, including an override fix:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?143529-OPEN-Mouse-scrolling-on-a-grid-scrolls-both-horizontally-and-vertically