PDA

View Full Version : ExtJS 3.3.1, Chrome (16.0.912.63), and LockingGridView (3.3.1?)

darthwes
16 Dec 2011, 7:46 AM
I've got extension upon extension in my main product on the LockingGridView. This product has been pretty much stable for about 9 months, and now Chrome has upgraded to 16.0.912.63, and my pages have stopped working. Further, instead of getting an error string or some debug info, it goes "Aww, Snap" and just [email protected] all over me.

Did anyone else get this yesterday when Chrome updated?

Via an act of Congress, I've tracked it down to the LockingGridView. I'd like to mention that my LockingGridView.js file has two ExtJS headers (with 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 mentioned) so whoever keeps up that branch, it'd be really nice if I could figure out what version of the library I had.

A) syncHeaderHeight: "lhrow.style.height = height" (line 813)

I have no idea what would make something as basic as this fail. But it is the last line the debugger runs before "Aww, Snap" happens. I can confirm that commenting that line out allows chrome to resume operating normally for the most part.

Except I have one single grid where this doesn't seem to be the case... Which leads me to:

layout: "this.syncHeaderHeight();" (line 478)

I'm seeing, in the debugger, (before the aww snap screen, after which i have to reset chrome and the debug window to get 1 run on the debugger again, +2 lazy @ google chrome) valid elements with valid heights being assigned, it just chokes Chrome. And, again, chrome goes to the 'Aww Snap' page instead of giving me any helpful debug info.

Hoever, every single grid in my system goes back to (seemingly) working if I just comment out line 478 (this.syncHeaderHeight)!?

Only the new chrome is causing any issues at all. Every other browser is working fine, without any problems or errors.

Please, can someone confirm/deny/help with any of this?

mitchellsimoens
16 Dec 2011, 9:06 AM
I don't have 3.3.1, just 3.4.0 but I'm not getting any problems in chrome 16 on Mac or Windows

fedecheller
19 Dec 2011, 5:44 AM
We have the same problem with Chrome 16 and also Chrome Frame on the LockingGridView.

The grid need to have at least one column with the property IsLocked = true

The problem return if the user unlock all the columns or hide the locked.

Need to add a listener for stop the possibility of unlock all columns:
<ext:LockingGridView>
<Listeners>
<BeforeRefresh Handler="if(Ext.isChrome && 0 == item.cm.getLockedCount()){item.grid.colModel.columns[0].locked = true}" />
</Listeners>
</ext:LockingGridView>

darthwes
19 Dec 2011, 6:26 PM
Oh, man, thank you, that's definately the problem. Much obliged.

Why the heck did chrome start throwing up, now? That really burns my grits, it should've been seen before now.
Did anyone notice this before chrome 16? Sorry, I'm just trying to unriddle how it doesn't make other browsers throw up and now my Chrome is acting like my IE used to. Is Chrome...acting evil?

Thank you fedecheller, you're a g** d*** genius.

fedecheller
20 Dec 2011, 12:20 AM
It seems to happen only with version 16.
Maybe someone should notify it to Chrome developers.
:-/

DeyV
21 Dec 2011, 8:55 AM
The same problem:
Ext 3.4.0
Chrome 16.0.912.63 m
Windows 7 x64

LockingGridView Crash Chrome, when no locked colum in LockingColumnModel