PDA

View Full Version : [2.0b1][SOLVED] DOCTYPE related bug in IE6

SoggyBottom
25 Oct 2007, 2:28 AM
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

Add the above line at the top to examples/grid/grid3.html in ext2b1 and the load the page in IE. Notice how the headings on the 2nd grid with checkboxes are missing. Remove the DOCTYPE and things come back to normal.

JKralicky
30 Nov 2007, 7:34 AM
Hi,
I am also seeing this problem... Is there *any* way to get around this?
Thanks!
Joe

Condor
30 Nov 2007, 7:38 AM
Nice timing. I've been working on this for the past few days and just now found the solution:

Add the following lines to your stylesheet:

.ext-strict .ext-ie6 .x-grid3-header-inner{position:relative;}
.ext-strict .ext-ie6 .x-grid3-hd{position:relative;}
.ext-strict .ext-ie6 .x-grid3-hd-inner{position:static;}

JKralicky
30 Nov 2007, 8:10 AM
Hi Condor,
Thanks for your quick reply!
However, I think I have other issues: It seems that I don't get any columns on any grids in IE7, with 2.0RC-1. Works fine in Firefox. :-/

I'll dig further.
Thanks for your help,
Joe

Condor
30 Nov 2007, 8:22 AM
Hi Condor,
Thanks for your quick reply!
However, I think I have other issues: It seems that I don't get any columns on any grids in IE7, with 2.0RC-1. Works fine in Firefox. :-/

I'll dig further.
Thanks for your help,
Joe

My fix was for IE6 only, but I just noticed that IE7 also has problems in grids with horizontal scrollbars. Try if the following change fixes your problem:

.ext-strict .ext-ie .x-grid3-header-inner{position:relative;}
.ext-strict .ext-ie6 .x-grid3-hd{position:relative;}
.ext-strict .ext-ie6 .x-grid3-hd-inner{position:static;}

JKralicky
30 Nov 2007, 8:56 AM
No dice. It must be something I'm doing wrong, but since firefox works, I'm not sure what's going on...

Thanks!

JKralicky
30 Nov 2007, 4:42 PM
I found my problem:

I had "text-align: center" in a div that was a couple levels above the grid. This cascaded into the header bar of the grid which is in a div that's 10000px wide. the "centered" headings were 5000 pixels away. :(
I added "text-align: left" in the grid container div to fix it.
Anyway, case solved for me (4 or 5 hours later...)

Thanks!
Joe

p.s. I used the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar to figure this one out. It was really helpful and quite useful. google "Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar" to find it.

brian.moeskau
1 Dec 2007, 9:39 AM
Condor,

Thanks a lot for the patch -- tested across IE6/7, Safari 2/3, FF 1.5/2.0 and Opera 9 and it works great. Updated in SVN.