PDA

View Full Version : (Beta 1) Performance Issue with Charts

LEWJO10@ca.com
18 Dec 2011, 12:42 PM
Brendan,

I am hopeful that work is still continuing with making the charts render more quickly.

The GXT 3.0 chart in the attached file is similar to a Flex chart we currently use a lot in our application. It has eight series items plotted over two hundred days.

In Flex, this chart renders in less than 7 seconds.

The GXT 3.0 chart in the attached file takes 2 minutes and 15 seconds to render in IE 8.

It renders a little faster in Firefox, but I get two times the proverbial “Warning: Unresponsive script” dialog window with the text message “A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.”

Is there a way to turn this off in Firefox?

Anyway, please let me know if work is continuing to make the GXT 3.0 charts render in 10 seconds or less.

Thanks,
John Lewis

BrendanC
21 Dec 2011, 2:45 PM
We’ve seen this pop up from time to time. Because this is still only a beta release, we haven’t had time to fine-tune the performance of the library. As a result, you may find that you have to disable some features, such as shadows or animations, while Ext GWT is still in beta. This is especially true with browsers in the Internet Explorer family. Once Ext GWT leaves beta, you can turn these features on and re-evaluate.