PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] [FNR] (Beta 1) RedrawChart Does Not Always Work

LEWJO10@ca.com
18 Dec 2011, 12:50 PM
Brendan,

The redrawChart method in the Chart class does not work after refreshing the data store if there are a fewer intervals of time in the TimeAxis or categories in the CategoryAxis than there were before.

The drawSeries method in the BarSeries class appears to create new or reuse bar sprites, but does not remove ones that are no-longer needed / wanted.

This results in a lot of stale bars / columns being left behind (see attached ChartRedrawIssueScreenShot.png).

I tried the delete method in the Series class to no avail.

To recreate this error, run the attached ColumnChart_RedrawIssue.txt and click the refresh button after the chart has finished rendering for the first time.

This is probably a system wide issue across all series types.

Hopefully, this is an easy fix.

Thanks.
John Lewis

BrendanC
21 Dec 2011, 1:49 PM
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It is fixed in the forthcoming Beta 2 release.

suganya08
13 Sep 2013, 11:00 AM
I have a similar issue with pie chart. If the store has less data than before, it overlaps the slices from previous data. I use gxt-chart-3.0.1.jar.

Colin Alworth
16 Sep 2013, 7:33 AM
Suganya08, that looks like it is probably a different issue entirely - can you start a new thread to track this and please follow the bug template at http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?194224-Ext-GWT-Bug-Template.