PDA

View Full Version : Need to update grid items automatically when any changes made

samarth
18 Dec 2011, 9:18 PM
Hello folks,
i am using extjs 3.0 i have done a grid and in that i have some items. whenever i change the grid items and exit is done item has to be update automatically. please help me out about this.

Thanks in advance.
Samarth M:))

mitchellsimoens
19 Dec 2011, 9:30 AM
What do you mean exit? Also, I have moved this from the Bugs forum to the Help forum as you are not reporting a bug.

samarth
19 Dec 2011, 7:32 PM
Hello mitchellsimoens

I have grid in which some items are there there i will open a window by using my own function. In that pop up window there are three buttons Edit Save Close.
When edit is clicked i can edit the items. when save is clicked i have called update query in Sql. it will update the items when i edited. when i view in database items have been updated. when close button is clicked pop up window will close. When i see the grid the changed items are in the same status items didn't updated in grid so i need to update the items of grid when close button is clicked. Please give the solution for this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Samarth Manjunath.

darthwes
19 Dec 2011, 8:21 PM
Uhm,

1. Set up the store with a Ext.data.DataWriter.
2. When the grid updates, the backend (that does the update) needs to respond with results (the modified row(s)) AND a success indicator, both of which should be configured in your store (as 'root' and 'successProperty').
3. ???
4. Profit

samarth
19 Dec 2011, 8:47 PM
hello

Thanks for reply i will try now..

Thank you

Samarth Manjunath.

samarth
28 Mar 2012, 4:30 AM
Uhm,

1. Set up the store with a Ext.data.DataWriter.
2. When the grid updates, the backend (that does the update) needs to respond with results (the modified row(s)) AND a success indicator, both of which should be configured in your store (as 'root' and 'successProperty').
3. ???
4. Profit

Hi darthwes,

I got this solution that store of grid reloading whenever we needed then automatically grid items will be updated whenever we are adding data to the grid.