PDA

View Full Version : yui-ext 0.40 vs 0.33 changes

galdaka
17 Jan 2007, 7:10 AM
Im developing with yui-ext 0.33. Would I change the code of my application when 0.40 arrives?

What are the most important changes in 0.40?

tryanDLS
17 Jan 2007, 8:18 AM
.40 is not even alpha code yet, so there's no list of changes, and no announced release date.

However, based on recent discussions, there will be big changes to the grid - see this thread http://www.yui-ext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1910
New functionality will include the Tree component, DomQuery, MessageBox, QuickTips, Template enhancements (I think).

If you would like to play with this functionality, some of it is in SVN (not the grid, tho). Be aware that the doc is not up to date, and you are going to be largely self-supported.

pomata
17 Jan 2007, 5:12 PM
Pitty .40 doesnt have form validation,

just did a search on the forum, and it is one of most wanted features....

anyway... keep up the good work Jack.

P

brian.moeskau
17 Jan 2007, 9:11 PM
Form stuff in general is indeed the next highest requested item and Jack is well aware of it. In fact, if anyone would like to offer donations in sponsorship of the forms library (it will be a lot more than just validation) I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Another big change is a big redesign of all the data model stuff. I believe Jack's been working on breaking the pieces of the data model architecture into layers to make things ultimately flexible -- this is one of the reasons that the new grid will not be backwords compatible, unfortunately. However, the cool thing will be creating a single data model and being able to bind it to multiple different widgets, being able to have paging in any arbitrary data model out of the box, etc. It's going to be some pretty awesome stuff.