PDA

View Full Version : Shortening Total Duration of Animation

elcalibano
11 Jan 2012, 1:54 PM
Hello, I have two questions. One, is there a way to shorten the duration of an animation with a large amount of layers without having to move each layer's last keyframe (assuming they all end at the same point on the timeline) manually? I wish there was a way to set a master length of the animation, so that all final keyframes that went over that would be moved to that point. It's very painstaking to type in the same number, say 20 seconds, for each and every final keyframe, when there are a lot of layers.

The other question is, do you have any tips for reducing the total file size of an animation, especially in the HTML file. What I'm interested in, is there any way to easily understand what kinds of things add file size? Obviously assets do. But what about an asset duplicated a lot, or multiple keyframes for movement, as opposed to a few keyframes that then loop (such as wings flapping). My question is, can you advise on what kinds of things really affect file size, and what doesn't. What is the effect of total duration? Do keyframes add a reliable kilobyte size to the html file?

Thanks.

arnebech
11 Jan 2012, 4:32 PM
1) Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do that. We are working on ways to make keyframe management easier.

2) Difficult question to answer. Basically for each keyframe and object, every time you enable a style/property it will add a style to the document and increase the file size.

One thing to keep in mind, is that you should host content on a server that will gzip everything it sends out. For example, I have an exported project html file that is 739kb big, however when sent sent out from servers with gzip, it is only ~50kb big.

Using looping will should save some space. You could also remove extra whitespace in the document.