View Full Version : Time field does not scroll to current value

16 Jan 2012, 6:23 AM
Hi all,

I noticed that the behaviour of the time field is different than a that of a standard combobox on quit a significant point.
With the combobox, if the selected value is not in the topmost entries, the field scrolls so that the value is visible. This makes it easy to select a value above or below the selected value.

With the time field this does not apply. When you open the dropdown it always starts at the top position (0:00 or the minValue you assigned). So when a user selected 18:30 and wants to change it to 18:45, he/she has to scroll all the way down.

Is there a quick way to fix this inconvenience?

16 Jan 2012, 11:08 AM
Ext JS 3 or 4?

17 Jan 2012, 2:00 AM
Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for your response.
We are on Ext JS 4.0.1, but the same behaviour occurs with the examples on Sencha.com which is 4.0.6.

Hope you can help.

17 Jan 2012, 6:11 AM
Ok... I have moved this thread to the Ext JS 4 Q&A forum for you. Please post in the appropriate forum.

13 Feb 2013, 10:47 PM
The syncSelection function in the timefield object compares the date between the picker store and and the date in field name.
If the time field has a dateFormat of 'H:i:s', that is parsed as of today's date.
The picker uses the date based on the initDate [2008,0,1].
The syncSelection function does a straight Ext.Date.isEqual compare, which is madness.
I personally consider this a bug. Sencha should compare the dates based on the format property of the timefield.

Here is a quick fix. Override the initDate of the picker with listConfig.{
xtype: 'timefield',
format: 'H:i:s',
submitFormat: 'H:i:s',
increment: 30,
listConfig: {initDate: Ext.Date.format(Ext.Date.add(new Date(),Ext.Date.MONTH,-1),"Y,n,j").split(",")},
allowBlank: false,
flex: 1

voilĂ !