PDA

View Full Version : Trying out iBook Author & Sencha Animator: what about manipulating objects?

gctwnl
27 Jan 2012, 4:54 AM
I have tried out iBook Author and Sencha Animator to create a test iBook. I built an animation (the one with the boat) and successfully added this to the iBook. So far so good. But before I actually embark on using iBook Author & Sencha Animator (and buying Sencha Animator) I need to know if this setup also enables me to create interactive (touch interface) objects in my book. Say, I want to create an object that interacts with the user, where the user can drag objects around, click on them, etc. Is Sencha Animator than enough? Or do I need other tools?

Thanks,

arnebech
27 Jan 2012, 7:49 AM
You can add some basic interactivity using the action handlers in the app and adding your custom javascript.
For interactive object manipulation, you'll have to add your own js for that or bundle in a js library.

For a better overview of creating an interactive project, you could watch my session on Sencha Animator from SenchaCon 2011, where I am making a quiz app.
http://vimeo.com/33588024

gctwnl
27 Jan 2012, 1:43 PM
Thanks. I watched the demo. It seems simple stuff like buttons can be done easily, but stuff like manipulating objects (e.g. dragging them around, drawing lines from one object to another) requires a different solution.