PDA

View Full Version : [INFOREQ] Application doesn't work with Hebrew locale

giladgaron
30 Jan 2012, 12:02 AM
Hello,
Whenever I add the Hebrew locale to my GWT module file,

<extend-property name="locale" values="he"/>

my application refuses to load and I get the following exception:

ERROR: Failed to create an instance of 'com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.TextField' via deferred binding . com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Cannot read property 'firstChild' of null at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:248)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
at com.google.gwt.dom.client.DOMImpl.getFirstChildElement(DOMImpl.java)
at com.google.gwt.dom.client.Element$.getFirstChildElement$(Element.java:266)
at com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.field.TextFieldDefaultAppearance.getInputElement(TextFieldDefaultAppearance.java:59)
at com.sencha.gxt.cell.core.client.form.ValueBaseFieldCell.getInputElement(ValueBaseFieldCell.java:78)
at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.ValueBaseField.getInputEl(ValueBaseField.java:439)
at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.ValueBaseField.getText(ValueBaseField.java:168)
at com.google.gwt.i18n.client.AutoDirectionHandler.refreshDirection(AutoDirectionHandler.java:151)
at com.google.gwt.i18n.client.AutoDirectionHandler.setDirectionEstimator(AutoDirectionHandler.java:178)
at com.google.gwt.i18n.client.AutoDirectionHandler.<init>(AutoDirectionHandler.java:127)
at com.google.gwt.i18n.client.AutoDirectionHandler.addTo(AutoDirectionHandler.java:95)
at com.google.gwt.i18n.client.AutoDirectionHandler.addTo(AutoDirectionHandler.java:74)
at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.ValueBaseField.<init>(ValueBaseField.java:45)
at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.TextField.<init>(TextField.java:22)
at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.TextField.<init>(TextField.java:15)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:465)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:49)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:97)

Any ideas?

darrellmeyer
16 Apr 2012, 6:14 PM
I have tested this issue with the latest released code and am not getting any exceptions when running in a different locale. Can you test again with the RC2 code and let us know if you are still seeing any issues?