PDA

View Full Version : Deploying for IE9

billtricarico
30 Jan 2012, 11:23 AM
I am deploying a development build to my IIS web server. Everythings works fine in Chrome. But in IE9, the screen is blank. I run the IE9 script debugger and see it's halting here, the first if statement in ext-all-debug.js, line 4457 in Ext 4.0.7:

for (prefix in paths) {
if (paths.hasOwnProperty(prefix) && prefix + '.' === className.substring(0, prefix.length + 1)) {
if (prefix.length > deepestPrefix.length) {
deepestPrefix = prefix;
}
}
}

And this is the error:

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'substring': object is null or undefined

Has anybody seen this before?

I should also note that it DOES work in IE9 when I run it in my local IIS development server. When I deploy it to the web server on another computer, I am getting this error.

Thanks.

mitchellsimoens
30 Jan 2012, 11:42 AM
Have you checked to see what className should be?

billtricarico
30 Jan 2012, 12:58 PM
Backtracking through the call stack revealed one of my controllers' stores and models sections had an extra comma after the last entry.

In this case, I appreciate Microsoft for showing my JavaScript to be incorrect. Google Chrome was too lazy in catching that error (or maybe just silently ignoring it).

Thanks for the help.

mitchellsimoens
30 Jan 2012, 1:00 PM
IE is the only one who technically cares about trailing commas.

börn
30 Jan 2012, 11:17 PM
I suggest using jslint test to ensure everything is fine in your code. Or use a good IDE like intellij (webstorm or idea).