PDA

View Full Version : Feed Viewer Implementation Question

rwilkerson
20 Jan 2007, 9:19 PM
Hey all -

In an effort to learn YUI and, of course, yui-ext, I've been going over the examples and their associated code and attempting to replicate those effects/features that I think are most applicable to my interface. I'm doing okay, I suppose, but I've run across one that I can't seem to track down. In the feed viewer application, when the collapsible panels are, well, collapsed the title is displayed in the collapsed region.

This is a terrific usability feature, but I can't find the option or code that makes it happen. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Rob Wilkerson

JeffHowden
21 Jan 2007, 8:43 AM
Most likely it's a background image that's applied via CSS directly in the example HTML file or a linked custom CSS file. Rather than leaving you with that, I'll dig further...

Here's the relevant bits from feed-viewer.css:

.ylayout-collapsed-west{
background-image:url(images/myfeeds.gif);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center;
}
.ylayout-collapsed-east{
background-image:url(images/suggested.gif);
}
#main .ylayout-collapsed-south{
background-image:url(images/preview.gif);
}

rwilkerson
21 Jan 2007, 9:17 AM
Thanks, Jeff. Since the API is already doing so much of the work for me, I guess I just assumed it would take care of this, too. :-) Embarassingly enough, it didn't even occur to me that this might be a manual contribution. It seems that I'm already using the API as a crutch...

I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Rob

Animal
21 Jan 2007, 11:42 AM
Ext 0.40 (Or, as I think it will be called 1.0) will have Region.setCollapsedTitle() for those regions with horizontal title bars (north and south). For east and west, you'll still have to use CSS and images.

rwilkerson
21 Jan 2007, 12:58 PM
A couple of questions about 0.40:

1. Is there an anticipated release date at this point?
2. Will the config options be detailed in the documentation? You pointed me to the updated ContentPanel docs with config options detailed in an answer to an earlier question, but at this point the same options are not listed for other classes.

Hopefully this information isn't listed anywhere obvious. I honestly didn't dig around like I usually try to do.

Thanks.

tryanDLS
21 Jan 2007, 1:34 PM
1. No, 2. Hopefully, but it will likely trail the actual release. There's discussion of .40 scattered thru this forum and the Dev Discussion one.