PDA

View Full Version : Version 3 not supported for updated browsers?

rich02818
2 Feb 2012, 6:06 AM
This was just posted by Sencha related to ExtJS v3.4:

FireFox 10 isn't supported. This should be checked against Ext JS 4.

Does this mean that Sencha's policy is that the immediately prior version is orphaned regarding updated browsers??

This means that there is *no* ExtJS version that works properly with FF 10 as ExtJS 4 still has many bugs and performance issues.

mitchellsimoens
2 Feb 2012, 9:49 AM
Looks to be all that is needed is the agent check to be updated.

rich02818
2 Feb 2012, 10:32 AM
So does that mean that Sencha will update the agent check and provide the updated code?

mschwartz
2 Feb 2012, 11:04 AM
Add this to your bug list:

If you double click on a grid item in a tab, which causes another tab to be opened, the entire contents of the browser is selected as if you hit ctrl-A. This happens in the newer chrome browsers.

mitchellsimoens
2 Feb 2012, 11:07 AM
So does that mean that Sencha will update the agent check and provide the updated code?

I am pursuing a concrete stance from Sencha about this. It may take some time for everyone to agree but the ball is rolling.

rich02818
2 Feb 2012, 11:13 AM
I am pursuing a concrete stance from Sencha about this. It may take some time for everyone to agree but the ball is rolling.
Thanks. I look forward to the response.

rich02818
8 Feb 2012, 6:40 AM

What's the answer? The very fact that it now requires discussion would seem to imply that there is no policy for support of v3 to updated browsers.

Regarding fixes that result from tickets...svn shows no functional code changes to v3.4 in the past 7 months. Have there been *no* fixes provided via tickets? Or, are the real code changes being done via git and not being put into svn?

The issue of Sencha providing real support for v3 while v4 is being completed is essential for anyone whose business is dependent upon the product. We simply must know what to expect.

mitchellsimoens
8 Feb 2012, 7:01 AM
Just saw a draft that is being sent for a few people's approval yesterday and is looking really good! We will release it once people sign off on it.

mitchellsimoens
8 Feb 2012, 7:05 AM
Guess enough people signed off on it

http://www.sencha.com/blog/sencha-company-update

rich02818
8 Feb 2012, 7:54 AM
Guess enough people signed off on it

http://www.sencha.com/blog/sencha-company-update

This blog entry is not visible on the main blog page so no one will know it exists...(well, almost no one)

Also, it does not address if the v3x source updates will be available to support subscribers in svn. Is that the case or not?

mitchellsimoens
8 Feb 2012, 8:00 AM
It's not visible because it was released in the newsletter. Things in the newsletter will be made visible after like a week or so, this is how the newsletter has always worked, it's a perk to signup for the newsletter.

It states that we will be doing 3.4.x bug fix releases:

We’ll also continue to ship bug-fixes for the Ext JS 3.4.x line on a periodic basis.

rich02818
8 Feb 2012, 8:09 AM
"It states that we will be doing 3.4.x bug fix releases:"

I read that...however, that does not address my question about updated source being available in svn. The svn updates are essential in order for developers to see what bugs have been fixed (in change log) and fetch the updated code without having to wait for the release. This is a major feature that support subscribers are paying for... So are we going to get that or not?

mschwartz
9 Feb 2012, 6:30 AM
If Sencha isn't going to support 3.x, how about if they let some of us create a github repo and work on keeping it maintained there?

mitchellsimoens
9 Feb 2012, 7:00 AM
If Sencha isn't going to support 3.x, how about if they let some of us create a github repo and work on keeping it maintained there?

We are for 12 months and for bug fixes (no new features)

mschwartz
9 Feb 2012, 7:05 AM
We are for 12 months and for bug fixes (no new features)

What's the license?

I know the stock answer is to email your licensing guys, but if it's a public repo and project, how about you tell us in public?

mitchellsimoens
9 Feb 2012, 7:06 AM
Everything is the same while we support it and release releases.

mschwartz
9 Feb 2012, 7:17 AM
What's the answer? The very fact that it now requires discussion would seem to imply that there is no policy for support of v3 to updated browsers.

Regarding fixes that result from tickets...svn shows no functional code changes to v3.4 in the past 7 months. Have there been *no* fixes provided via tickets? Or, are the real code changes being done via git and not being put into svn?

The issue of Sencha providing real support for v3 while v4 is being completed is essential for anyone whose business is dependent upon the product. We simply must know what to expect.

If you're not really going to support it, maybe you should open source it fully.

rich02818
9 Feb 2012, 7:19 AM
"Everything the same" used to mean that the source changes were available immediately in svn to support subscribers. I continue to ask (and get no answer) "how do we now fetch the updated v3x source?"

Have there truly been *no* changes at all for the past 7 months?

mitchellsimoens
9 Feb 2012, 7:24 AM
In Ext JS 3 there has truly been no changes but we are now saying we are going to go back and do some bug fixes for 12 months. I would say this would happen after 4.1.0 GA is out but I'm not sure what the timeline for the devs to start back up on it.

rich02818
9 Feb 2012, 7:28 AM
In Ext JS 3 there has truly been no changes but we are now saying we are going to go back and do some bug fixes for 12 months. I would say this would happen after 4.1.0 GA is out but I'm not sure what the timeline for the devs to start back up on it.
If no devs are working on it now, then it is not really being supported. This amounts to a statement that Sencha will restart support at some undefined time in the future...

Am I missing something here?

mitchellsimoens
9 Feb 2012, 7:31 AM
We have 2 frameworks and 4.1.0 is going to go to GA mid-late March. I'm sure after that point Ext JS 3.x will be worked on.

dorgan
24 Apr 2012, 10:05 AM
Is this still the plan? And will the double clicking a row in a able and the entire screen being selected be fixed? This is one of those non-show stopper bugs, but its REALLY annoying. Even if its just a one file fix of some type and they post the line somewhere that would be awsome.

mitchellsimoens
24 Apr 2012, 10:21 AM
Is this still the plan? And will the double clicking a row in a able and the entire screen being selected be fixed? This is one of those non-show stopper bugs, but its REALLY annoying. Even if its just a one file fix of some type and they post the line somewhere that would be awsome.

Is this a reported bug? If so, 4.1.0 GA is coming very soon (I know, we missed the March date) so 3.4.x will be worked on soon after.

dorgan
24 Apr 2012, 10:24 AM
Yes I had originally reported it here: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?122994-Selecting-of-UI-Items-in-Chrome

(http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?122994-Selecting-of-UI-Items-in-Chrome)And even suggested a solution.

I would love to see this in a 3.4.x update.

mitchellsimoens
24 Apr 2012, 10:27 AM
Opened a ticket