PDA

View Full Version : Next step after "MVC Application Architecture"?

WBX
2 Feb 2012, 2:35 PM
I previously posted this question/issue in the "API Documentation Content Bugs" thread but, seeing as how it is a question as well as a doc bug report and no answer seemed to be forthcoming from that thread, I decided to post it here in hopes that someone could help:

The last sentence of the "MVC Application Architecture" guide states:

"In the next guide, we'll look at advanced Controller usage and patterns that can make your application code smaller and easier to maintain."

However, the next guide in the table of contents is "Layouts and Containers" and it's not clear which guide covers advanced controller usage and patterns as indicated above.

Please advise.

Thanks

mitchellsimoens
3 Feb 2012, 6:13 AM
Looks like the followup tutorial was never created. If you got everything working in that tutorial you are really ready to start programming. There is also 3 tutorials about app architecture that may shed some more light on MVC.

WBX
3 Feb 2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks Mitchell.

I know that I'm capable of using the framework but I'm still interested in the "advanced Controller usage and patterns that can make your application code smaller and easier to maintain". Can you give me some idea of what kind of specific topics were planned for this guide? Are these specific topics covered in the 3 part app architecture tutorials? Are there still plans to complete the missing guide? (I noticed that documentation improvements are listed as a priority/goal of the 4.1 release). The docs are very good but this seems to me to be a very important topic that would greatly enhance them.

Thanks again