PDA

View Full Version : Blank tab in Internet Explorer but ok in other browsers

gisada
3 Feb 2012, 3:49 AM
I have a simple application which has five tabs. On three of these tabs everything looks right in both IE and other browsers. In two of the tabs where there are supposed to appear graphs and other controls it is blank only in IE but in other browsers everything looks fine. But if in IE I switch to some other tab and then back to the tab that was blank then the graphs and controls appear as they should. Does anyone recognize these problems? Any ideas that could get me on the right track are very much appreciated.

Best regards, Gisli.

friend
3 Feb 2012, 4:57 AM
I.E. is notorious for not rendering items if you have an extraneous/dangling comma somewhere in your config. However, I.E. usually won't render the affected items at all, where in your case switching between tabs eventually causes them to render normally.

Seeing a code sample would help a lot, but I know how difficult that can be with charts/stores/multiple tabs, etc...

gisada
3 Feb 2012, 5:09 AM
Thank you friend for your response but I have found the answer to this (I have been looking at this on and off for days and one hour after I post this question the answer comes to me through intuition). The problem is that I was over nesting in the viewport and after I changed that everything appeared ok in IE.
This is the code for one of the tabs that did no work before:

{
title: 'Sammenligning av indikatorer',
id: 'Sammenligning',
html: '',
border: false,
items: [{
xtype: 'panel',
layout:'column',
border: false,
items: [
{columnWidth: .47, html:'', border: false, xtype: 'viewgraf2'},