PDA

View Full Version : Shortcuts

foxtailpress
4 Feb 2012, 6:02 PM
Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has any cool short cuts to use in Sencha.
For instance, I have just created a 10 second walking sequence at a specific pace.
I'd like to add an additional 10 seconds and speed the pace up.

Is there a way to copy and paste / duplicate the initial sequence and place it directly
after? That way all the minor properties are already set, and I'd just have to edit the speed.

foxtailpress
5 Feb 2012, 6:46 AM
Say I've animated a boy walking. Then he starts jumping. And now I want to make him walk again. Instead of manually re entering the exact same keyframe sequence that I set specific properties for at the beginning of the animation, can't I just copy and paste it further down the timeline? ie. after the jumping?

I know this is a relatively new program, I am not an experienced animator and I am not sure if this is a common feature or not in other animation programs, but because I am used to working in adobe and they offer such features when creating artwork, I would think it would be a rather important feature to add to any program since it seems really time consuming/tedious to manually reenter all the properties if you can just copy and paste. Of course the sequences will probably require small adjustments, but it would still save a colossal amt of time. .

Also- it would be helpful to know if there is a way to not only copy and paste an keyframe sequence but to reverse/flip/reflect one. Say I animate a flower blooming. Once bloomed, I want to show the flower folding back up with the same time ratio between keyframes as the blooming. If I don't do this, the flower folds up at it's own random speed at the end of the animation and it doesn't look as smooth, especially if I want to play a loop. If there is a way to copy a keyframe sequence, reverse, flip or reflect the properties / effects / directions, then paste after the initial sequence, that too would be very beneficial. . . and make the program much more user-friendly.

If these are not options, please let me know, for I'd be happy to post these ideas as suggestions in the appropriate forum.

arnebech
6 Feb 2012, 7:41 AM
You are describing some good use cases! We are working on making the timeline better to work with. Currently, you can't select/copy keyframes and it is difficult to work with many keyframes. We know this is something our community want, and we are working on making it better.

foxtailpress
16 Feb 2012, 4:17 PM
Yeah, I'd be anxious to hear if/when you make any updates!