PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] disabled spinner can still be changed with up/down buttons & edited

nbuesing
15 Feb 2012, 1:39 PM
If I have a disabled spinner, the number is correctly grayed, but I can still use the buttons to increment/decrement it. Also, I can also type in it (but once I do that the buttons no longer work.

package com.buesing.gwt.client.widget;

import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.RootPanel;
import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget;
import com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.container.Viewport;
import com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.NumberPropertyEditor;
import com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.SpinnerField;

public class CheckBoxEvents {

private Widget asWidget() {
SpinnerField<Long> spinner = new SpinnerField<Long>(new NumberPropertyEditor.LongPropertyEditor());
spinner.disable();
return spinner;
}

public void onModuleLoad() {
Viewport viewport = new Viewport();
viewport.add(asWidget());
RootPanel.get().add(viewport);
}
}

WesleyMoy
15 Feb 2012, 8:25 PM
Thanks for the report. I've been able to reproduce the issue and have logged a bug for the team. This thread will be updated once we have a fix prepared, and it will be updated again when that fix is included in a public release.

darrellmeyer
27 Feb 2012, 6:38 PM
This bug is fixed for spinner and all other fields in SVN.

WesleyMoy
2 Mar 2012, 12:44 PM
This fix has been released in beta 4 (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?184556-Ext-GWT-3.0-Beta-4-Now-Available). We believe that this should fix the issue for you.

If you continue to notice this problem with this release, please post a reply.

nbuesing
8 Mar 2012, 6:47 AM
If I disable my spinner, I can no longer use the buttons, however, I'm still allowed to type in the field.

What is extra interesting is when enabled I can only type numbers, but when disabled I can type whatever I want (as shown in this screenshot).

WesleyMoy
8 Mar 2012, 12:16 PM
A quick test with a SpinnerField<Integer> in Firefox in development mode doesn't seem to exhibit this problem. What browser are you using, are you in development mode, and what are the steps needed to reproduce this problem? I was neither able to click into the field nor tab into it to give it focus.

nbuesing
8 Mar 2012, 12:35 PM
good point, I didn't think it could be browser specific.

IE8
Development Mode and Production Mode.

I brought the application up in Chrome, Production Mode and the issue isn't there. So that does seem to make this specific to IE.

Thanks,

Neil