PDA

View Full Version : Flex, AutoWidth and AutoHeight of container.

punith.mailme
21 Feb 2012, 4:50 AM
HI, i have a situation where the current users are using my developed applcaiiton in 1028*768 resolution and i have hardcoded the width and height of my outer panels to around 860px.

As Extjs does not support the % of width and height it has become very clutter to view this application in a higher resolution monitors(1280*1024).

My page has many components inside each panels and almost most of the combobox or textfield width are hardcoded to 120 to 150px. My logic got too much complex when ii tried to use flex to frame all the components inside the container.

Is there a way i can resolve this??

Thanks
Punith

mitchellsimoens
21 Feb 2012, 6:25 AM
There are many layouts that can accomodate flexible screen resolutions. hbox, vbox, column, anchor, border

punith.mailme
21 Feb 2012, 10:31 PM
HI[FONT='Helvetica Neue', Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif] Simoens,

I am using a hbox and Vbox panels, but these panels width and height are fixed say width : 720px and height is 500px
if i am using these panels in a smaller resolution system(1024*768) application would look weird. I know now that it was my coding mistake during initial times we did this.

If i specify the width of panel to be width:'100%' now it takes the entire screen width no mater of the screen resolution.
but what about the inner components such as combobox grid and textfield, how can i make them to fit(auto re-size based on the screen resolution) in wit watsoever resolution i use. and i want my combobox width to be fixed and donot want it to be dancing on the screen based on the value size .

seems to be a unique situation, Kindly help us out.

Thanks
Punith

mitchellsimoens
22 Feb 2012, 5:20 AM
It's not unique, child items need to be items of the layouts that allow for flexible sizing like mentioned above.