PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] If a cell in a grid is currently being edited, events fail to fire on checkbox.

nbuesing
22 Feb 2012, 10:51 AM
I have attached a simple application with a checkbox and an editable grid.

If you select/unselect the checkbox, the system out (as shown) gets called just fine.

However, select on a cell in the grid, so the cell is editable, then select (change the value of) the checkbox. In this scenario, the onChange event doesn't get called.

This is also true for radio buttons. I believe any component that fires at the same time the onBlur gets called on the grid (so a combobox where you have to pick from the drop down, works since focus is taken from the grid and to the combobox prior to selection actually occuring).

CheckBox checkbox = new CheckBox();
checkbox.addChangeHandler(new ChangeHandler() {
@Override
public void onChange(ChangeEvent event) {
System.out.println("Checkbox onChange event called.");
}
});

nbuesing
6 Apr 2012, 8:46 AM
I have seen no feedback on this issue.

Just wanted to point out this still exists in RC.

If you are editing a grid and them move to another widget and that event doesn't fire, this is a major issue. My invariants can become invalid because of this.

WesleyMoy
6 Apr 2012, 4:17 PM
I don't notice this issue with the SVN builds in development mode in Firefox 11. What browser are you using?

nbuesing
6 Apr 2012, 7:44 PM
IE8
Knowing that you cannot reproduce I will look into this more again on Monday.

Thanks!

nbuesing
9 Apr 2012, 5:18 AM
This appears to be an IE issue (at least an IE8 issue)

I have tested the following agaist the RC release

Firefox 11, Production Mode: No issue
Chrome 19, Production Mode: No issue
IE8, Production Mode: Issue
IE8, Development Mode: Issue

Screenshot showing both radio buttons (in a Toggle Group, see attached source) get enabled w/out firing the event.

This is my current code use to test this issue:

WesleyMoy
9 Apr 2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I'm able to reproduce this bug in IE8 with our SVN builds, so I'll file a ticket against the team. You may see the "You've found a bug!" status message at the top of this thread change a few times, as we seem to have a few IE8 focus issues. The bug associated with this thread may become merged with other bugs as we investigate. Rest assured that we'll update this thread with any fixes we make.

WesleyMoy
14 Jun 2012, 2:26 PM
This bug should now be fixed as of 3.0.0b.