PDA

View Full Version : Styling through 'ui' property

Dumas
5 Mar 2012, 3:03 PM
ExtJS provides for some objects some styling with 'ui', so this a few time in examples. So a toolbar e.g. got styled with ui: 'footer'.

I couldn't find anything in the API Docs. Is there any reference of possible ui stylings?

thx
Dumas

skirtle
5 Mar 2012, 8:19 PM
There's a small amount of documentation about it here:

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/guide/theming

The general idea is that you might want to style different instances of the same component in very different ways. To do this you create a new ui in your theme then activate it using the ui config on the relevant component. Creating a ui should be as simple as adding a single call to a Sass mixin.

Dumas
6 Mar 2012, 4:36 AM
Ok, thanks. That makes sense.

Is there way to see which UIs ExtJS already provides out of the box?

thanks
Roland

skirtle
6 Mar 2012, 2:28 PM
You could look through the Sass files, see what's there. I don't think there are any out of the box, other than maybe a couple of examples.

Dumas
6 Mar 2012, 3:29 PM
Ok, so there are no recommended predefined ui's.

thanks
Roland

Nishantkmr
21 Aug 2013, 3:31 AM
Hi I want to create a custom UI config for container.There is no CSS mixin present for container so how can we create UI config for it?

Please advice.

karlsnyder0
23 Aug 2013, 6:09 AM
You may not want to style a container since it is the base component for a bunch of other components. Consider defining a custom component that extends container and style that, or start with a panel, or be a little more specific about what you are trying to achieve.