PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] ExtJS charts : store.loadData() issue when new data has not the same number of column

icCube
8 Mar 2012, 12:22 AM
Testing changing a chart with the loadData() functionality of the data store is not working when the number of columns is different. This is not a scenario you've on your demos where you never change the number of columns (names yes).

Currently, we regenerate the whole chart, so it's not a big issue but it would be handy if this get solved.

mitchellsimoens
8 Mar 2012, 3:56 PM
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?138165-How-to-report-a-bug

icCube
9 Mar 2012, 12:03 AM
Ok, it's not a real bug. Please feel free to close it.

If you want ot pass it to the team in charge of the charts feel free.

ssamayoa
15 Mar 2012, 6:31 PM
I be able to reproduce the problem modifiying the Bar demo. Changed to Column, swap axes and generateData() generates random count of records. It seems tha when there is very few columns fails:

With 12 columns:

Then with 1 column:

Regards.

oliveira.gabriel07
2 Apr 2012, 9:09 AM
i have workaround by doing:

chart.series.first().items = [];
chart.getChartStore().loadData(data);

andrevio
18 Jul 2012, 10:32 PM
i have workaround by doing:

chart.series.first().items = [];
chart.getChartStore().loadData(data);

Thanks for the post - resetting the series per your suggestion solved a similar problem, where the chart was not fully resetting the series information after data load. This is in ExtJS 4.0.7

By the way, I found that it's also useful to reset the axis, in particular when the chart is loaded where the data is zero - should just display an empty chart. Without it, the axis are sometimes draw in a wrong place:

chart.axes.first().items = [];