PDA

View Full Version : Grid cell editing on keydown missing a key

sunandchakradhar
8 Mar 2012, 10:07 PM
Hi Guys

I wrote like on keydown on a cell of grid, I am doing startEdit to that cell. But problem is that as already key has been pressed and that was triggered on the cell and not the editor I am missing that char(key) in the editor and that value is not being inserted in to the editor
Can someone tell me how i will be able to make the same event trigger again on the editor so that the value will be inserted in to the editor.

or atleast handle the conditions for keychar so that i get the alphabet and be able to add the text to the editor using setvalue function. Thanks in advance for the reply.

-Sunand

mitchellsimoens
9 Mar 2012, 8:25 AM
So you see the editor for a period of time before your listener is applied?

sunandchakradhar
10 Mar 2012, 12:44 AM
I want to achieve a requirement like how it happens in google spreadsheet/ xls when user starts typing that selected cell changes to text box and gets saved on blur.. so I wrote a listener on keydown for the grid and calling the start edit of the selected cell. But when first time key has been pressed as the key was pressed on grid but not the cells editor that aphabet is being missed in the editor and from the next stroke they are added to the editor.. So can you tell me. how can I add the missed keys alphabet to the editor?