PDA

View Full Version : Extjs source code modifications question

mastak
13 Mar 2012, 8:16 AM
Hi.. I'm a bit confused with extjs source code modification terms:

What is a modification?
The simple rule to follow is if you modify any functionality or file in a Sencha product for a purpose other than configuration, then you have created a modification. All modifications of a GPLv3 licensed products are subject to the GPL v3 license.

The following are examples of modifications:

Modify Ext JavaScript, Java or CSS source file
Extend Ext class or override any Ext functions or methods
Modifying an Ext API
( proof: http://www.sencha.com/legal/open-source-faq/ )

So here 2 questions:

1. Is is allowed to make any Extjs source code modifications ?

2. If it's allowed - how can I publish modifications for community or include them to next release ( e.g. bug fixes ) ?

mitchellsimoens
13 Mar 2012, 11:03 AM
All licensing questions should be directed to [email protected] They should be able to help you understand what it means.

mastak
13 Mar 2012, 11:19 AM
You may did not understand my question.. I did not ask about licensing in general.. Look.. did you even fixed/changed any Extjs source code lines ? If you did.. did you publish changes to community ? Simple ;)... In any case thx for answer.

mitchellsimoens
13 Mar 2012, 11:24 AM
It would be considered legal advice if I answer any questions on licensing and I will not do so.

mastak
13 Mar 2012, 11:31 AM
13.03.2012 sent letter to [email protected] with same question. But if I found a bug and I have a solution how to fix it - what can I do ? Except reporting defect on this forum.. For example as I know a lot of Ext.ux.* extensions made by community and then included to release..

14.03.2012 received answer from Ext Licensing:
If you are using GPL V3, then you can make modifications and on the second question, there is no way to contribute back to the framework