View Full Version : [FIXED] folder name 'deploy' seems to cause infinite loop creating folders too deep to delete
20 Mar 2012, 9:34 AM
I hit the deploy button on my Sencha Touch 2 project and created a new folder called 'deploy' and selected that folder. Designer locked up creating multiple sub directories within that folder called deploy. By the time I closed the program, it had created so many sub directories that I am now getting a windows error saying the paths to the actual .js files are too long and cannot be deleted. I'm a little hesitant to try it again on my own computer as I can't find out how to actually get rid of these folders!
Using Version 2.0.0 Build 311 on Windows 7 Pro
Update: A little Googling provided a utility that removes windows files where the paths are too long.
21 Mar 2012, 7:17 AM
Assume you deployed to within your project path. You can see why that would be bad! We do a very rough check to make sure your not doing this. If you could update me with the path to your project and the path you used for your deploy directory (in settings) that could help improve the circular folder copy check. Saving others your plight.
21 Mar 2012, 8:16 AM
Ahh...I see. I am new to Designer and for some reason it did not occur to me to not put the deploy folder in the project folder! I'm not familiar with what that button should do exactly.
The path I was trying to deploy to when it created too many folders
I changed it to this
and it does prevent me from deploying, although until I read your response I didn't understand why. (no error message). Of course I tried it with a folder outside of the project path and it works.
4 Apr 2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks to your test case we were able to integrate some more robust checking for absolute paths.
11 Oct 2012, 4:29 AM
Hi guys :) I would appreciate it if you could answer this question. I have been having sort of the same problem and I was wondering if a long path tool like from pathtoodeep(dot)com can help..not sure if I should be posting links but yeah...please..I hope you guys can help, it's been really annoying..
Thanks a bunch
11 Oct 2012, 11:36 AM
So I'm not sure this was related to the path being too long.
It was because the user was using the path to output that was inside the original project directory
a simple explanation:
cp -r project project/deploy
copying recursively where the destination is inside of the source is bad
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.