View Full Version : doc.namespaces is undefined in firefox / firebug

timTaylor
26 Mar 2012, 11:01 AM
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Hello World</title>
<link href="./js/extjs_gpl/resources/css/ext-all-gray.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="./js/extjs_gpl/ext-all-debug.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
Ext.application({
name: 'HelloExt',
launch: function() {
Ext.create('Ext.container.Viewport', {
layout: 'fit',
items: [
{
title: 'Hello Ext',
html : 'Hello! Welcome to Ext JS.'
}
]
});
}
});
</script>

</head>
<body>

</body>
</html>

My simple example above takes about 3 seconds to load (as local file!! "file:///D:/extjstest.html") and stops in firebug with "doc.namespaces is undefined" at the following codeblock:

createNode : (function () { try {
var doc = Ext.getDoc().dom;
if (!doc.namespaces.rvml) {
doc.namespaces.add("rvml", "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml");
}
return function (tagName) {
return doc.createElement("<rvml:" + tagName + ' class="rvml">');
};
} catch (e) {
return function (tagName) {
return doc.createElement("<" + tagName + ' xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft.com:vml" class="rvml">');
};
}
})(),

the strange things:
- does extjs do some kind of communication to another server in the background? this would explain, that one day all works fine and the other day something hangs without changing a line of code.
- the symptome is completely new - yesterday all works fine. i'm playing around with extjs since a few weeks and didn't get into this troube.
- IE8 and google chrome do not have this problem.

please help. i've reinstalled firebug allready and it doesn't help.

:((

mankz
26 Mar 2012, 11:30 AM
This is Firebug bug and an extremely annoying one too.

timTaylor
26 Mar 2012, 12:25 PM
what are other developers doing? not using firebug?

mankz
26 Mar 2012, 10:15 PM
Big deep *sigh* everytime this happens in FB. In Chrome there is a smarter 'break on error' solution which doesn't stop on try/catches. Then again I dislike the Chrome debugger too much to use it. Guess we'll need to push the FB devs to solve this.

http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/list?can=1&sort=-id

timTaylor
26 Mar 2012, 11:03 PM
my first firebug bug report :">

http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=5350&sort=-id&colspec=ID Type Status Owner Test Summary Reporter

chrisjs
16 Apr 2012, 3:17 AM
The people at Firebug say, this is a ExtJS issue:

That is an ExtJS issue. It has a try {} around that for a reason -- Sebastian pointed out why. I'll request that Sencha change it. I know they use WebKit stuff more and in that case they can break on un-caught exceptions rather than all errors, which is why they haven't cared to fix it. I do a pull request though. It drives me nuts too. Closing since this is not a Firebug error.

Finivain
10 May 2012, 1:21 AM
Is there any solution in work? I have the same problem with Firefox 12. Even if I disable Firebug. My application stays with blank white screen. This is a show stopper!

Greets Alex

Finivain
10 May 2012, 1:44 AM
Using ExtJS 4.0.7. At the moment I can't update to 4.1 because I got other errors. And downgrade to 4.0.2 is also not a good option