PDA

View Full Version : Sending form via Email

gilaras
27 Mar 2012, 10:42 PM
Hi there,

I wrote a little form with some textfield, some radiofields and a fileuploadfield.
What I want the form to do is to send an email with what the user filled the form with.
The first thing I tried was using "mailto: xxx@yyy.zzz" as the url of the form. I know this may not be the appropriate way, but for what i need this for it should really be enough i guess.
But this just opens me an empty mail, Firebug shows nothing ... so I guess in addition to being not the appropriate way, it just doesn't work the way I thought. :D

So my question is: Is there any way to simply send the form via email or do I have to write a server component to do so? Or may I use PHP? If so, can anyone tell me, where I can find how to do it in PHP, because I haven't done anything with PHP yet ...

Thanks in advance and greetz
gilaras

mitchellsimoens
28 Mar 2012, 7:01 AM
You will need some server side script (there are many email scripts for PHP) to do everything like file upload and such.

gilaras
28 Mar 2012, 9:17 PM
You will need some server side script (there are many email scripts for PHP) to do everything like file upload and such.

Well, then I guess I'll have to read something about and learn PHP ;-)
Thanks for your reply! :-)