PDA

View Full Version : Panel expanding outside Window

ZaAaV
27 Nov 2007, 6:32 AM
Hi,

I'm new to ext and am looking for a way to make a window's panel expand OUTside of the window instead of INside as I have experienced so far...

Is there also a way to make the panel expand temporarily (the kind of behaviour which happen when the user clicks on the panel's bar) instead of permanently (when the user clicks on the panel's chevrons)...

I'll be posting my other question in separate thread :)

Thanks a lot, keep up the great work, I've managed to do a lot so far with all the documentations that I found on your website...

27 Nov 2007, 6:41 AM
do you mean to flow over the window, like a dropdown/combo box would?

ZaAaV
27 Nov 2007, 10:28 AM
No, I mean that if a panel is in the east region of the window, it could expand on the right instead of expanding on the left...

The idea is that when the panel expand, it does not cover up the element that is contained in the rest of the window (such as a GridPanel)...

Right now, with my panel expanding "in" the window, my grid is not resized and then the scrollbar disappear... so that's why I was thinking about this...

27 Nov 2007, 12:21 PM
ah - so it would resize the window - correct?

ZaAaV
27 Nov 2007, 1:07 PM
mmmm, I think it should not resize the window, just expand the panel out of the window, not inside it... See my five-seconds-copy-paste-in-paint draft...

27 Nov 2007, 1:09 PM
i c - this is the first i've seen of this. the best i could say is try to extend the layout component.

ZaAaV
28 Nov 2007, 3:34 AM
Well, as soon as I know more on ext i'll try to implement that :)