PDA

View Full Version : Grid with multiple Stores?

isamudaison
27 Nov 2007, 3:52 PM
Has anyone had any luck with creating a Grid that uses multiple Stores for it's data? In this case (and not unreasonable, if you ask me) I have columns X, Y, and Z coming from one datasource, call it Store1. I also have a column AA that comes from a datasource Store2 (Think SOA). I currently have the col. AA populating just fine, using some hackery with capturing the load event from Store1. This is a problem in that one can no longer sort on col AA (ajax paging table, remote sort).

Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of gutting the Grid and making it Store-independent, that is all columns must know what store they belong to, and no one store is 'better' than the other (that is, none have priority).

tryanDLS
27 Nov 2007, 5:13 PM
Nothing built in to handle this. At this point the only easy solution is to combine your data serverside so that you can return a single data set.

sfwalter
27 Nov 2007, 5:18 PM
Even if you have your data coming from multiple sources, why wouldn't your mvc layer collect the data and return the combined results set to Ext?

scott

isamudaison
27 Nov 2007, 5:42 PM
Yes, it looks like that's the route I'll be going at this point, I was hoping there'd be something I could just 'plug in' to the Grid. Thanks for the input!

graveyardfashions
20 May 2008, 11:36 AM
How has this worked out for you? I would like to do something similar, and would love to see what you came up with.

My use case:
A grid for scheduling appointments - a different person per column, and each row is a time slot. I'd like each person's column to be a different (yet similar) datasource. That way, when I click to edit a cell, it can create the appointment for just that person within the time slot.

Otherwise, I'll be stuck trying to hide the person's ID in the appointment description somehow. :P

marri
16 Apr 2013, 2:32 AM
Hi isamudaison (http://www.sencha.com/forum/member.php?16126-isamudaison),

I am also trying to do something smiler, can you share your thoughts how you did it, if any sample code highly appreciated.

Tanks in Advance

marri