PDA

View Full Version : Multiple tabs disappear

austin1030
25 Apr 2012, 7:37 AM
Hi

I have multiple tabs (w/ unique id) built on ext-4.0 and since then any extjs release (now extjs 4.1) cause multiple tabs disappearing all together when I close one tab.

I get this error on firebug using ext-all-debug-w-comments.js

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of undefined

Does anyone know any solution for this?

Thanks

scottmartin
25 Apr 2012, 1:49 PM
Are you creating the id's yourself? If you remove them (for testing), does it make a difference?
Do you see the problem, or can you duplicate this using:
http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples/tabs/tab-scroller-menu.html

Regards,
Scott.

austin1030
25 Apr 2012, 7:11 PM
Apparently the problem was with grid in each tab. I had a column with an "id" which creating duplicate "id". So, when I close a tab, it close all tabs with grid that has same "id" in the column.

Well...sometime problem does not always reflect what firebug indicates, it could be somewhere else.

markop
2 May 2012, 2:09 PM
Hi austin1030,

I run into the exact same problem with my dynamically added tab panels in Ext JS 4.1. In Ext JS 4.0.7 it all all fine. I tried to come up with a workaround but failed. Could you tell me in more detail how you resolved this.

Thanks,
Marko

markop
2 Jun 2012, 2:14 AM
Your problem with the id column extends to any component with duplicate id contained in another tab panel. In my case I had a toolbar on the grid in the tab. Inside the toolbar I had a button with a duplicate id. Eliminating this id resolved the problem. Took me a long time to figure that out.