PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to internet to register. Error message on proxy.

Brian N
25 Apr 2012, 3:16 PM
After installing Sencha Architect 2 on both Mac and PC, I get stuck on the screen "Unable to connect to internet to begin software registration."

When I click on "retry" nothing happens, at all. There is no indication that anything is happening so I'm not sure if it is even doing anything.

When I click on "manually configure", I enter the information and click "Done". It instantly takes me to the previous screen without any more detailed error message. (Shouldn't it take a moment to check before taking me to an error screen?) The internet is working and the same proxy settings are working for other programs.

bpulliese
26 Apr 2012, 3:01 PM
I downloaded and installed Sencha Architect 2 yesterday and have the same issue. My proxy settings work for other IDE's like Titanium but simply does not do anything for SA2.

appway
10 Jul 2012, 6:09 AM
1) downloaded Sencha Architect 2 for Mac OSX
2) registered via the installation screen
3) loged in to sencha.com (worked)
4) on the screen 'please register your software' i entered same credentials as for the website
5) get the error 'a communication error has occured'

i tried:
- restart sencha (repeated the procedure a frew times)
- disable the firewall on my mac
- loged out of the website and retried

any other tricks on how to make it pass the registration screen?

cheers

aconran
10 Jul 2012, 10:17 AM
We had a server outage this morning. Could you please try again and see if this is still an issue for you?

kart29
15 Apr 2013, 1:48 AM
I face the same problem today with designer 2.2 in windows 7. Why is this happening and has this been resolved???

aconran
15 Apr 2013, 10:50 AM
We released a build of Architect 2.2.1 which will fix many of these proxy related issues this morning. It can be downloaded here:
www.sencha.com/products/architect/download/

If this does not resolve your problem, please email architect.feedback at sencha.com and we will set you up with an offline license.

Greg Arnott
15 Apr 2013, 4:19 PM
I've just started at a new company and tried to register the company email address I've been given for this site/forum. The alternate account is for licensing of Architect reasons - they want an account they control instead of my personal account being responsible for the developer license.

Registration simply called me a spammer and to contact support.

Contacted support yesterday. Getting paid a nice sum today to twiddle fingers, wait for response, hand-code in another IDE, read forums and get glared at by the project manager.

If developer licenses are not account-based then ignore above.

kart29
16 Apr 2013, 5:23 AM
The architect is working fine now. Thanks.

MRaza113
17 Apr 2013, 1:43 AM
I have downloaded and installed SenchaArchitect-2.2 this morning. I entered the correct proxy details and have been getting 'Unable to establish internet connection to begin software registration'

O/S - Windows 7 Enterprise